During an IT review, you will likely find areas for dramatic increases in efficiencies and improve your access to real-time information for better decision making.
Are You Leveraging Technology Effectively?
Like most business leaders, you probably realize that there are a lot of inefficiencies in your organization that could benefit from automation and integration. However, you are not sure where to start, and past efforts may have failed to meet your expectations. So, you just put it off and focus on maintenance or incremental IT improvements.
While this is a common way to approach IT, it can cause inefficiencies and limit your access to real-time information (that could provide a competitive advantage). Whether you do it internally or work with an IT services company, there are three primary areas to examine:
1) Intradepartmental Flow of Data
The first place to start is looking within each department:
• What data comes in?
• Who needs access to it?
• What is being entered manually?
• Is any work being duplicated?
• How is data being stored?
2) Interdepartmental Flow of Data
Next, you want to look at how data flows between departments:
• What data is shared?
• Is any data being duplicated?
• Are there systems that are not sharing similar data?
• How is data access controlled?
3) Customer Service
Finally, look at everything from your customer’s perspective. This is where some game-changing ideas come from:
• Do customers have access to their own data? Should they?
• Are there self-service options that would make customers’ lives easier?
• How could we provide better service with more real-time data?
Whether you review these things internally or work with an IT service provider, the important thing is to get started. During this type of review, you will likely find areas for dramatic increases in efficiencies and improve your access to real-time information for better decision making.
About Skyriver IT
Our goal at Skyriver IT is to deliver frustration-free IT. We provide small and midsize companies with the information needed to make better IT and business decisions. If you would like to discuss how we can help you better leverage technology, please feel free to respond to call (858) 812-9322 or visit www.SkyriverIT.com