Cyber security is as much about good habits as it is about having the right hardware and software in place. Here are five IT Security Tips For Life Science any Life Sciences company can take to increase their security:
1. Ensure you have a proper firewall setup to make it much harder for hackers to get to your computers and servers. It’s also important to constantly monitor to the firewall to ensure its properly working.
2. Use strong passwords for servers and the network. Teach employees what a strong password is and why they should always use one. Additionally, these passwords should be changed regularly (usually every 90 days or so).
3. Update your software programs and operating systems regularly to protect against known security vulnerabilities.
4. Install antivirus software and update it frequently.
5. Secure your laptops with encryption, so that the information on the hard drive can only be accessed with the correct password. This provides two levels of protection: it secures the data on your laptop and it prevents a hacker from gaining access to your network from a stolen laptop.
If you are concerned about your organization’s security policies, contact us to schedule a security assessment today!