Microsoft released Office 365 a few months ago and it has generated a lot of buzz in some segments, and we wanted to make sure you were aware of its Pros and Cons.
- Built for Collaboration: Users can easily share documents within a company and track changes that individuals make.
- Anywhere Access: Users can access it from any location at any time as long as they have an internet connection – all they need is their login and password.
- No Maintenance Required: Because it is online, Microsoft can maintain and update it as needed.
- No Offline Access: Users don’t have access to the software unless they are connected to the internet
- Reduced Feature Set: It lacks many features of the traditional MS Office
- Potential Downtime: Microsoft has had major downtime with their hosted email products this year and there is a high risk of similar downtown with Office 365.
In summary, we believe that Office 365 is only suitable for businesses that would not mind the reduced feature set (similar to those in Google Docs) and would not be significantly impacted by any downtime. In its current form, Office 365 is not yet a replacement for the traditional Office product for most companies.
We hope you have found this review of Office 365 to be useful. Please let us know if you have any questions as to whether or not this would be a good fit for your organization. We offer a complimentary assessment so take advantage and get your most important questions answered BEFORE you make any buying decisions. Your profit margin will thank you for it!
About Skyriver IT
Skyriver IT is a San Diego IT Service Provider that helps companies make the right IT decisions . We help companies consider all the hidden costs and effort involved in IT technology investments.